Linking the current literature on learning analytics to coaching proved more challenging than expected. In a first article search, little popped up. Combining lemmas like ‘coaching’, ‘student support’ and ‘learning analytics’ didn’t yield what we hoped for. After some time of trial and error, we took a new road. We went snowballing!
In reviews we did find a (implicit) references to how certain initiatives focussed on coaching or student support. We ran through three reviews, highlighted articles referenced we deemed relevant and looked up the abstracts. Based on the abstracts, we selected relevant articles that were processed.
Gradually, we were finding the relevant literature. The literature review is at a close and advices are starting to surface… Exciting first output is on its way!